[Mailman-Developers] Mailman installation error: GSOC 2015

Rajiv Sharma rajiv.tilakraj.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:40:55 CET 2015

Hi

I am Rajiv Sharma, pursuing bachelor of IT engineering at SPIT India. I am
interested in contributing to the Mailman project in any way I can. I have
subscribed to the mailing list and am currently reviewing the mailman idea
page for ideas suiting my skill set. I have 2 years experience of
programming in python and java and have dabbled with JavaScript and C# to
some extent.

     Currently I am trying to install mailman referring to (
https://fedorahosted.org/hyperkitty/wiki/DevelopmentSetupGuide). While
trying to run setup.py in the virtualenv configured with python3.4 (the
minimum required for mailman) I get the following error:
        No module named setuptools.py
I checked and its already installed. What am I missing here? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Rajiv Sharma