[Mailman-Developers] Query regarding plugin integration with mailman3

Aanand Shekhar Roy 2013001 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Fri Mar 6 12:46:14 CET 2015

>  > Banned word plug-in, which was also then added to the wiki page of idea
>  > lists)
> As you know, I'm not a fan of this one.

This feature as a plug-in is desired by many list admins. So that they can
maintain a decency on the list and avoid usage of certain unwanted words.
I personally talked to some people about this as plugin and the response
was enthusiastic.
For eg. 1) If I run a list that takes feedback from customers about
services of my company provides , then I wouldn't want
abuses or indecent reviews since the list is public and might hurt
anyone's sentiments.
2) My list discusses on social causes and some anti social elements use
racial slurs and strong views against a particular group, I might want to
avoid this from the list.

I seek your reviews on this idea.

>  > and then if the time allows I will work on others like "Timed
>  > Vacation", since I am willing to contribute to mailman even after
>  > Gsoc .
>
> This one I like, actually, except that the probable code size is
> small.  It's obviously useful, it will be obvious to users how to use
> it, it's obviously quite self-contained.  It's a winning feature.

I wish to combine it with other plug-ins that I am going to propose so
that together they can make a "summer sized " project.

>  > "Auto moderation system for limiting posts on a particular thread

I am trying to work around the approach that can be used to build such a
system. I will get back to you after I get something substantial on it.

Regards
Aanand