[Mailman-Developers] Introduction to the Community

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:35:50 CET 2015

Hi Prabhjyot,

On Thursday 05 March 2015 01:31 PM, Prabhjyot Singh Sodhi wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am Prabhjyot, a student from India. I am a sophomore at the Birla
> Institute of technology and Science and am studying Computer Science.
>
> I have programming experience in Python, Java/android, C/C++. I love
> contributing to open source projects and have contributed to a variety of
> projects in the last quarter. I would love to get started with mailman.
>
> I am also interested in applying for GSoC with GNU mailman.
> I found the following projects interesting:
>           i) Anonymous Lists
>           ii) Better handling of list styles

You'd have to give me something more than I am interested in these ideas
to comment on. There is quite some information given on Ideas Page that
you should read first. Also, try to dig through the archives to find out
the discussions on these topics.

> I am looking at some easy bugs to fix but I would love it if someone could
> guide me as to how to proceed with understanding the project ideas in more
> detail the related source code better.

The link to source code and bug trackers are mentioned in the Ideas
Page, please feel free to explore. Setting up a local mailman
installation would be a good place to start.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj