[Mailman-Developers] Bug in postorius, client not defined after shell invokation

Florian Fuchs f at florianfuchs.com
Wed Mar 4 18:07:00 CET 2015

.

> The *client *is not defined after the shell invokation by doing
> *python manage.py mmclient*. The issue is because the *client *is
> not present in the *globals() *dictionary when it was used to
> invoke the interpreter. I have filed a bug regarding this issue:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/postorius/+bug/1428169 . The issue can
> be solved by putting *client *in the scope i.e add *client *to the
> *globals() *dictionary. I have discussed the bug with people on irc
> and they also faced the same behavior. I have patched it and will
> send a pull request shortly.
>
> Any views regarding this will be helpful.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have to admit I totally forgot about
this particular manage.py command, since it's more or less just a
shortcut to create a mailman.client instance using the given Django
settings. So it's nice to see someone actually read the documentation
in full and gave it a test! :-)

Let me have a look at the merge proposal. I'll add further comments
there if necessary...

Thanks!

Florian