[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2015 :Mailman Client written in Javascript

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:50:29 CET 2015

Hi Abhishek,

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 02:51 PM, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Abhishek and am interested in the participating in GSOC with the org.
> I am good at data-structures and algorithms and have worked with C, C++,
> Javascript, Python and PHP. I have an internship experience at Microsoft,
> India
>
> I took a look at the documentation of the current mailman client. So
> basically we want a JavaScript implementation for the examples described in
> the link mailmanclient /docs/using.rst
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman.client/trunk/view/head:/src/mailmanclient/docs/using.rst>.
> right..? Please let me what should be my initial steps towards applying for
> this project. I guess i need to first collect an exhaustive list of the
> functionality that the new client will have. Also is there any other thing
> that i need to get myself acquainted with..?

To get started with you should get acquainted with source code and try
setting up mailman on your own. You can find links to the projects and
how to set them up. In case of any doubts you can ask here or on
#mailman @ freenode IRC.

For the specific project you are interested in, you are right to get to
the examples in mailman.client. The simplest explanation would be that
we need a JavaScript port of mailman.client. The exact list of APIs that
you implement would be a part of your proposal.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj