[Mailman-Developers] Error while setting up Mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Mar 3 02:56:54 CET 2015

On Mar 03, 2015, at 04:20 AM, Akash Agrawall wrote:

>I am new to Mailman. I followed "
>http://wiki.list.org/DEV/A%205%20minute%20guide%20to%20get%20the%20Mailman%20web%20UI%20running
>" to set-up Mailman.
>When I run the command "sudo python3.4 setup.py install" I get the error "
>http://pastebin.com/6N7Qq64S ".

You can ignore the SyntaxErrors.  They're generated on scripts that haven't
been ported to Python 3 because they're essentially obsolete.  I should move
them out of the main tree (I don't want to delete them yet).

>I am behind proxy. Please help me with this.

That's you're real problem.  You need to be able to access PyPI to download
the dependencies, or make sure they are installed by your OS package manager.
If you do the latter, you will have to tell virtualenv to use the system
packages:

* `virtualenv --system-site-packages` when you create the venv
* Uncomment the `sitepackages=True` line in the tox.ini

Cheers,