[Mailman-Developers] mailman 3: http vs https

Danil Smirnov danil at smirnov.la
Mon Jun 1 15:40:36 CEST 2015

Please help I've got in troubles with http/https schemes of the
Postorious/Hyperkitty.

Initially I configured Mailman 3 in :443 virtualhost section of
subdomain lists.domaint.tld
with automatic redirection from :80 by mod_rewrite. I could access
pages with https scheme.

Then I noticed that my SSL-certificate doesn't allow wildcard-subdomains.

I saw two options here:

1) To use a folder on main domain.tld instead of subdomain which does
not looks like a great idea because of Hyperkitty somehow control
robots.txt file which is domain-wide, not folder-wide.

2) To get rid of https.

I choose last option and have moved Mailman 3 config lines to :80
virtualhost, commented redirection too.

Now I can see Postorius and Hyperkitty on http connection but I can't
login - I've been redirecting to https pages right after login, which
are not accessible.

The worst thing is that if I move Mailman 3 lines back to :443
virtualhost section, I got unbelievable redirect from https site to
http one which was never configured!

So I messed up completely.

Danil

p.s. I use 'Forget about site' feature of Firefox browser and check
with Chrome so it's unlikely a cache issue.