[Mailman-Developers] REST API speed

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jul 10 20:16:17 CEST 2015

On Jul 10, 2015, at 10:43 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>My thinking is that a gunicorn -or other external wsgi server- based REST
>runner wouldn't do much more than run gunicorn with the proper commands in a
>subprocess, and manage its PID so that the runner itself could response to
>`mailman stop` and `restart` commands.

I took a slightly different approach.  Basically don't start gunicorn with
`mailman start` but start it in a shell after the main system is up and
running.  Here's a very experimental and almost completely untested branch
that could get you started:

https://gitlab.com/warsaw/mailman/tree/gunicorn

Read the docstring in this commit for details.

https://gitlab.com/warsaw/mailman/commit/3fbfde8793c9c5bf12b0f250a58b3e3134f77ebb

Cheers,
-Barry