[Mailman-Developers] Launch band & song

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jan 30 22:41:12 CET 2015

On Jan 31, 2015, at 07:38 AM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

>If you are thinking of launching at Pycon, what do you think of the idea of
>playing some music - you’re a guitarist right?

Bass player, as is Florian!  (Now can you guess the origin of the name
Postorius? :).  I can hack out some bar chords though. :)

>Maybe there could be “The Mailmen” - a Mailman band - if you can rope in some
>other musicians.  Perhaps the song could be a play on Elton John’s “Rocket
>Man”.

Soundgarden actually has a song "Mailman" (tho I never followed them much and
the song is a little darker than we probably want. :)

I hear a pretty funny satire of Rush's "Cinderella Man" though!

>A bit of marketing theatre for the bloggers to post a Youtube video of.
>Would help to get the word out there about the launch.

For sure.  Not sure if I'll bring an instrument to Pycon, but we could have
fun with it.

-B