[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-i18n] Announcing the new wiki.list.org

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jan 26 18:09:24 CET 2015

Keeping this on mailman-developers since I'm not on all those other lists. ;-)

On Monday 26. January 2015 17.56.26 Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> Barry Warsaw, 26/01/2015 16:10:
> > Our very huge thanks go to Paul Boddie who did the amazing conversion
> > work, almost single-handedly reverse engineering the Confluence dump
> > through several iterations.
>
> Hurray! Well done. Can you publish the dump somewhere on your site, or
> on archive.org?
> WikiTeam is very interested in Confluence dumps, any
> writing/braindump/code on the matter is very welcome.
> https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/issues/108

I'll leave this for the others to decide, although it's not that difficult to
obtain dumps directly from Confluence yourself. So, even though one might have
bad things to say about proprietary services, credit is due to Atlassian for
allowing their users to download most of their data (the profile information
isn't available through the same mechanism) for deployment in other ways.

The conversion software itself is described here:

https://moinmo.in/ConfluenceConverter

My advice to anyone considering migrating from Confluence is to do so in a
short timeframe (and as soon as possible if you want the above code to work!)
in order to avoid changes in the product disrupting the activity and
necessitating more work. For example, while tackling this task, Confluence 4
came out with a completely different page text representation which then had
to be parsed and converted.

If you need to know more about this, feel free to ask me directly.

Paul