[Mailman-Developers] Who is the "site administrator"?

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Sat Jan 24 21:37:31 CET 2015

On 2015-01-24, 5:08 AM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

> Is there search to find that discussion or do I have to manually review all the threads? Any idea what year it was in?

The data store discussion was I think two years ago around the time of
pycon.  I started it with a thread entitled "Architecture for extra
profile info"

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2013-April/022852.html

(As Sumana says, mail-archive is usually the best bet for searching the
mailman archives.  I searched locally, though.)

But I'm serious that it's only worth reading if you're incredibly bored.
  It became a huge architecture discussion that only ended on the lists
with an "agree to disagree." (and I got bombarded with further comments
about it on IRC for months after the list discussion ended, so I'm
actually kind of still cranky about it.)

I think it's still a thing we need to look in to more seriously, but be
warned that it's a topic folk have been passionate about in the past, to
the point where progress was not made.  On the other hand, one of the
people involved in that discussion has moved on to other things and the
rest of us do collaborative work together more frequently, so it might
be easier to reach a solution now.

  Terri