[Mailman-Developers] Introductory mail

Pranjal Yadav godricglow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 08:28:21 CET 2015

Hello

         I'm a programming enthusiast and recently started working in
python about 6 months back, I have had experience in cryptography and many
machine learning techniques. I started reading about mailman few weeks back
and I have setup a local and server dev env successfully.

         I also learned about previous year's GSOC project and I can see
mailman core is already ported to ver 3.4 however potorius / hyperkitty /
mailman.client needs to be done. Also test suite would be interesting work
to couple with all this. I would like to know if these 2 projects can be
coupled for this year's work or not?

          Apart from that I also found few bugs while setting up env which
was mainly due to (var) folder creation while running mailman server from
different locatin serving various instances. It seems unless I do it from
path/to/mailman it returns an error. I will go through the code in over
next few weeks and till then I can expect a reply for above projects.

PS : The documentation for mailman setup is outdated I guess, reported that
to @maxking

--
Pranjal Yadav
Final Year Undergraduate Student