[Mailman-Developers] REST API first pass at Swagger spec

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 12 02:46:30 CET 2015

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > My big question is how to make sure that the swagger spec doesn't
 > get out of date to the implementation.

Doesn't Andrew's use case answer that?  I mean, if the Swagger spec is
out of date, the tests based on it should fail.  If the tests don't
fail, they're incomplete anyway, and that's a different problem that
no spec language can solve for you.

As a matter of process, if Swagger is readable enough, we make it
*the* spec, and you don't accept pull requests for the REST
implementation without a patch to the spec.  If Swagger isn't usable
in that fashion, I suppose it will go away again like WADL as soon as
Andrew loses interest in keeping it up to date. ;-)