[Mailman-Developers] Python 3

Florian Fuchs flo.fuchs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 23:42:13 CET 2015

Am 29.12.2014 um 00:26 schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> On Dec 28, 2014, at 01:51 PM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
>
>>> As I mentioned, I think LMTP *could* work, but REST (inside HK) could
>>> work too.  Aurelien, what do you think?
>>
>> I'd go with REST, it seems more flexible and we already have nice libraries
>> for it.
>
> REST will be very nice, and I think with something like Falcon, pretty easy to
> implement.  You probably don't need the object-based (i.e. restish-like)
> traversal stuff, but if so, I'd be happy to split that out into a separately
> library that HK could use (and keep it bilingual).  Keep it simple, but think
> through the resource tree and leave open some opportunities for expanding the
> API later, both for use by MM3 and perhaps other scripting applications.

Are you planning to implement that in a way similar to the IArchiver
interface? Like, say, having a REST-based equivalent for each of the
IArchiver's `list_url`, `permalink` and `archive_message` methods?

I think it would be nice if it worked more or less the same as the an
IArchiver class, not only on the implementation side but also as far as
the configuration is concerned. Although allowing multiple, potentially
slow-answering, REST-based archivers could be a trap performance-wise
(if those requests are not made concurrently).

Florian