[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2015: brainstorming ideas suitable for beginners?

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Fri Feb 27 09:24:57 CET 2015

I am quite aware of the definition of spam (in fact, I have a master's
thesis on the subject).

What I'm concerned about is that in the past, mail merges (which is what
you're describing) is a feature that has often been requested by people
doing marketing lists.  It's not a subset of users I'm eager to attract,
since a few bad apples could cause some unfortunate fallout for Mailman
as users start marking messages as spam and, inevitably, sending us
angry messages.  (As the person who wrote the 2.1 documentation, I can
tell you that I already get these on occasion as upset folk will send to
basically any address they can find associated with the project.)

It's not that it's a bad feature in isolation.  But there are so *many*
potential features for Mailman, and I'd like to see ideas that are less
socially problematic get implemented first.

  Terri

On 2015-02-26 11:52 PM, Ankush Sharma B.Tech. Electronics Engg,