[Mailman-Developers] Approach for plugin ideas

Aanand Shekhar Roy 2013001 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Mon Feb 23 12:41:23 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

This is my approach for plug-in ideas :

BANNED WORDS:
1. We create a common set of words that are to be banned in a mail.
2. In list settings we create an option for list admin to choose action
taken if a mail has banned words.
3. We need to create a new rule in mailman/src/mailman/rules that checks
for banned words in a msg string.
4. This rule is to be implemented in mailman/src/mailman/chains/builtin.py
where it takes the action as chosen by list admin and then the control is
passed further depending on the action taken.

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CHECK:
1. We need to create another rule which check for confidential info. like
phone no and address credit card no. using regexp search.
2. If found we hold that message, and then we send an auto-reply to sender
asking for confirmation if he
intends to post such information.
3. This system works similar to the mail-back verification procedure
during confirmation of email while subscribing where potential
subscriber's reply decides the further action to be taken.
4.Based on the user's response the held message will be processed further.

TIMED VACATION:
 In  member's preference form we already have an option for enabling and
disabling mail delivery. We can
extend it to another option called "Vacation period" which takes the
duration of vacation and disables receiving emails and
automatically enables mails after the vacation period ends.

AUTO-MODERATION SYSTEM FOR LIMITING POST:
I want your suggestions on how to approach this issue.

Also,I wish to seek your views on these approaches.