[Mailman-Developers] A couple of archiving questions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Feb 16 02:57:18 CET 2015

Andrew Stuart writes:

 > Is there any reason why it should not be possible to be able to
 > pull messages scheduled for archiving out through the REST API as
 > file attachments?

Oops, my previous message missed the subtlety that you do have the
message at the point in time you're considering.  You still can't do
archiving with REST: REST is a "pull" interface, archiving is a "push"
operation.

Why would you want to access "messages scheduled for archiving" via
REST?  I have trouble imagining a use case.