[Mailman-Developers] Is there a way to get member id via REST API?

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Sat Feb 14 23:19:58 CET 2015

In a similar vein - I seem to recall from when I first started looking at the REST API, noticing that some of the methods that return user information also don’t include the user_id as a standalone field, I had to parse it out of the self_link.  I can’t remember offhand which methods.  I’ll keep an eye out and if I notice will report.

as

On 14 Feb 2015, at 11:59 am, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

On Feb 14, 2015, at 09:43 AM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

> GET /addresses/{email}/memberships
> GET /members
>
> Both seem to return member id in self_link but I can’t see it elsewhere.
>
> Anywhere I can get member id without parsing it out of the self_link? Maybe
> I’m not looking in the right place.

Nope, I think that's missing.  Member ids are UUIDs so it makes sense to
include the member id as a separate key in the member resource JSON.   Just
like users it'll be an integer.

I'll add that now.

Cheers,