[Mailman-Developers] Building plug-ins for mailman.

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Sat Feb 14 19:53:50 CET 2015

Hi Aanand,

* Aanand Shekhar Roy <2013001 at iiitdmj.ac.in>:
> Hi all,
> I am currently finding good plugin ideas that might make there way into
> mailman 3 system.I had discussed the same with @terri on irc.Some ideas i
> have already found good are:
> 1. DNS BlockList

where would you put DNSBL support?

On SMTP level? I'd let the MTA take care of it.
On HTTP level? I'd let the HTTP take care of it.

Sorry, if I sound harsh. I don't mean it. I just can't imagine where DNSBL
would make sense without reinventing something that has been done yet.

> 2. Confirmation from user before posting phone nos in emails
> 3. SpamAsassin as it is

I'd leave that to an MTA too, unless there's a non-SMTP way how mail enters
mailman.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG