[Mailman-Developers] Don't trust X-No-Archive to keep your secrets.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Feb 13 03:32:57 CET 2015

J.B. Nicholson-Owens writes:

 > Overall, I think people are better off understanding that their
 > boilerplate is not binding on most people (if anyone) and they need
 > to be more careful in what they send.

I don't think anyone here disagrees.  On the other hand, people *do*
have an expectation of privacy (or any other attribute of service),
and we're doing our users[1] a big favor if we just conform to those
expectations where we can.

Footnotes:
[1]  Here I mean the site and list admins who will handle complaints.