[Mailman-Developers] Date normalization - opinions sought

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Feb 12 15:17:25 CET 2015

On Feb 12, 2015, at 11:09 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

>Does Mailman normalize dates on emails to UTC?

I'm not sure which dates you mean.  Are you asking whether Mailman should
modify the Date header on emails?  Definitely not. :)

Ideally I do think any internal dates gathered from external sources should be
stored in UTC.  This include dates on which a mailing list is created, a user
registers, or an email address is verified.

Which specific date values are you thinking about?

Cheers,