[Mailman-Developers] Interested in contributing to Mailman

Ankush Sharma B.Tech. Electronics Engg, IIT(BHU), Varanasi (U.P.), INDIA ankush.sharma.ece12 at itbhu.ac.in
Sun Feb 8 15:15:32 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I am Ankush Sharma from India, currently an undergrad at
IIT-BHU,Varanasi. I am a python aficionado and a die hard linux fan. I love
to spent my time automating things on the web.
Apart from that, I delivered a talk at PyCon India 2014 about *powering
apps with gesture control using python programming language *[1]*. *I have
earlier experience of working with SMTP libraries of python and SMTP
protocol while developing makemymails.com, finalists of India zone for the
Google Cloud Developer Challenge-2014.

I found mailman quite interesting. I have already set up the development
environment for the Mailman core and Postorius; thanks to @maxking and
other devs for reaching out at IRC. Currently, I am going through the
codebase and the mail archives. The idea list for this year's GSOC program
is  quite versatile and I would love to suggest any other ideas. The idea
of having a mailman client written in Javascript is a good project to work
on.
I have noticed a few things but it would be better to go through the whole
architecture, docs and archives before pointing them out. Looking forward
to contributing to Mailman through this year's GSOC program.

Thanks,

Ankush Sharma
Btech Part-III
IIT-BHU,Varanasi-221005
GITHUB : github.com/black-perl
[1]
in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/208-python-the-eyes-of-real-world-computer-applications