[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman 3] Granting Postorius web access to Mailman users?

Simon Fromme fromme at tralios.de
Tue Aug 11 17:43:09 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

the company I am working for is currently evaluating whether or not to
upgrade to mailman 3.0 from mailman 2.X. So far I am very impressed by
the improved functionality and the good looking webinterface(s) and I am
thankful for the good work.

However, I am having some trouble understanding the procedure of
granting users access to the Postorius webinterface. I created a bunch
of Mailman users using the REST-interface (apparently inserted in table
'user' in var/data/mailman.db) which however are not automatically given
access to the Postorius web interface, apparently only granted to users
in the 'auth_user' table in var/mailman-web/mailman-web.sqlite. So my
questions are:

    1. What is the procedure of granting Postorius web access to Mailman
    users?
    2. Is there a timeframe in which a good Mailman 3 documentation can
    be expected? I find it quite hard to solve problems myself given the
    small amount of informationon the web right now.

Thanks a lot!
Simon Fromme