[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 Error & some questions

Krinetzki, Stephan Krinetzki at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 5 10:31:01 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-04 11:18 AM Florian wrote
>Am 2015-07-30 07:54, schrieb Krinetzki, Stephan:
>> Hello,

>> 3. Is it possible to get Shibboleth ( <https://www.shibboleth.net>
>> https://www.shibboleth.net) working
>>
>> with mailman3?

>I don't have any personal experience with shibboleth integration, but there
seem to be some solutions out there to use it in combination with Django.
There's even a ticket on github regarding adding it to python-social-auth[1]
(which we use in mailman-bundler).

>The important point for us: If someone signs on using shibboleth, are we
guaranteed to have access to their email address?

>Florian

>[1] https://github.com/omab/python-social-auth/issues/388

Hello Florian,

In Shibboleth there is an attribute for the users email: The email
attribute. It is set as defined in the eduPerson-Schema [1]

And TIL: Empty Mails are not good.....(Sorry for the Spam)

Stephan

[1]
http://www.internet2.edu/media/medialibrary/2013/09/04/internet2-mace-dir-ed
uperson-201203.html#mail