[Mailman-Developers] mailman 3.0 roadmap, feature-parity with mailman 2.x and documentation

Danil Smirnov danil at smirnov.la
Wed Apr 29 22:24:13 CEST 2015

> Just to be clear, this is a stable fully working version of Mailman 3.0? I
> tried setting up Mailman 3 on a CentOS server about 2 weeks ago and had a
> number of issues including listinfo pages not working (404 errors), no clear
> directions on setting up users, various bugs such as internal server errors.
> The server admin that I had hired informed me there was a number of python
> related bugs and he felt Mailman 3 was not ready for production use.
>
> I am ready to give this another try but I want to make sure that this
> version will be a full working version of Mailman 3.

I had similar experience a week ago (after PyCon sprint) and there
were couple bugs in the installation process on Centos 7 including
hard one with bad virtualenv version which is still not reflected in
the installation manual:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1445764/comments/19

I suppose anyone who try to install Mailman on Centos 7 will face this bug.

Danil