[Mailman-Developers] web-interface for site owner for mm 2.1.x

Danil Smirnov danil at smirnov.la
Tue Apr 28 18:59:41 CEST 2015

> If you are asking if a site admin can remove a list via the web UI if
> the OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS setting is the default No, the
> answer for MM 2.1 is no and there is no plan to change that.

Personally I'm okay with the command line.

But I have the client who asked me to install Mailman for her and
intend to administer the installation by herself.
She is not familiar with ssh/Linux console and uses cPanel-based hosting.

Right now everything seems smooth for her besides lists removal - it
can't be done without console access.
Of course, we have workaround with OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS
setting, but
in this case she cannot delegate list creation/administration to
untrusted person.

I understand the reasons why list removal is not available by default,
but it would be great if we can somehow
add special site owner permission to get her ability to remove lists
(and to her only).

(I'm asking about 2.1.x branch only, as I mentioned in the subject line.)

Danil