[Mailman-Developers] Welcome to GSoC 2015

Florian Fuchs f at florianfuchs.com
Mon Apr 27 21:05:45 CEST 2015

Fellow friends of Mailman, dear students,

welcome to GSoC 2015 (the Mailman edition)!

First of all: We were overwhelmed by the amount of interest in Mailman during this year's application phase. We got far more applications than expected, and in the process many bug fixes (and new reports) and merge proposals. Thanks to all the applicants who asked questions on IRC, posted thoughts and ideas to this mailings list and submitted an unexpected number of great proposals. You rock!

Google gave us 3 slots (which is a really good number, given we're in as a separate org for the first time in years). But having to pick 3 out of 25 left us with some really hard choices. So for those who couldn't get in this year: Please don't feel discouraged to keep contributing to Mailman or to try again next year!

But now, without further ado, let's welcome our three GSoC students:

Ankush Sharma - Mailman client written in JavaScript
Mentors: Florian Fuchs, Abhilash Raj

Bhavesh Goyal - A Dashboard for Admins/Owners/Moderators
Mentors: Abhilash Raj, Sneha Priscilla Makini

Pranjal Yadav - Dynamic Sublists
Mentors: Stephen Turnbull, Terri Oda

Congratulations to you all -- we are looking forward to working with you! Let's have a great summer!

Florian