[Mailman-Developers] Regarding Csv Export for list owner in postorius

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Apr 19 17:08:01 CEST 2015

Ashish Kumar writes:

 > of extending this feature request to pdf

I don't understand the motivation for this.  I guess it will look a
tiny bit nicer when printed on paper, but it's basically an opaque,
uneditable format which can surely be trivially produced by anyone who
has space and power to run a printer.

 > and sharing the list of members on drive,

What's "drive"?

 > as It will be very helpful for communities which have a lot of
 > volunteers, organizers.

How is it helpful?

 > Scenario:
 > Suppose a team of volunteers working in a country/state like
 > bloodconnect in india. For an activity like camps [in case of blood
 > connect], Owner need to send a pdf

Why does the owner need to do that?  I think that plain text (as Tom
Browder suggests) is almost surely more useful in every way.  CSV, on
the other hand, has the advantage that it can be accurately read into
a spreadsheet which is "the" way non-geeky people manage tables.

 > of all the volunteers working in a specific area to the area head
 > either by drive or mail. It would be very convenient if we provide
 > these option as a UI in postorius itself.

Looks like a YAGNI to me, so it would just clutter the UI.