[Mailman-Developers] Mailman introducing spurious References: or In-Reply-To: headers?

Tue Oct 28 02:42:04 CET 2014

On 10/27/14, 6:01 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If Hosnieh Rafiee's statement "I have started a completely new message.
> So the header of my message was quite new and not carry any information
> for the old thread." is correct and if his delivered post contained
> only imagine that perhaps his own MUA was responsible in some way or
> possibly some non-Mailman process or Mailman modification is involved on
> the Mailman host that added them, but I'm certain that standard Mailman
> does not.
My take on a statement like that (with a result that it threads under
some other message) was that the poster took an unrelated message, and
pressed "Reply" to get the list address in the To: line, and then
deleted everything, and is just assume that be deleting the message and
changing the subject that "of course" the system should know it is a new
message. I have seen this done many times by people who will claim they
started a new message (and many time it still contain the old message
because their system hid quoted message almost completely from them).

--
Richard Damon