[Mailman-Developers] ORM layer transition

Guillaume Libersat glibersat at sigill.org
Mon Nov 3 22:59:20 CET 2014

Hi,

First, thanks for this wonderful enhancement, it's gonna make a lot of
things much easier and reliable!
I've just tried the branch and wanted to point out that I had to add :

"from __future__ import print_function"

at the beginning of:
 - src/mailman/bin/checkdbs.py
 - src/mailman/bin/bumpdigests.py

otherwise it would complain about using "file=" in the print function
(using python2.x).

It looks to run smoothly in my test environment, how crazy is it to try
it on the production server? Any chance to corrupt the DB? :)

I'd like to explore the possibility to write a migration script from
sqlite to postgres with the new ORM (saw this:
https://zignar.net/2011/11/01/copy-data-from-mysql-to-postgres-using-sqlalchemy/
). If someone is already working on this, please tell me!

Cheers,

Guillaume

http://sigill.org