[Mailman-Developers] Thinking about list footers

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri May 30 21:21:37 CEST 2014

I'm really sorry I haven't had time to catch up on the various DMARC threads,
but I'm hoping to do so early next week.

On May 30, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

>What's the expertise on the idea of adding footers in a new MIME text/plain
>part rather than just bolting it onto the text as-is?  (Or is that already
>done?)  What do MUAs generally do with multipart text/plain bodies?

We do that already if we can't just bolt them on, e.g. if the charset or MIME
type for the footer doesn't match the text body.  Unfortunately, we also get
complaints from users because MUAs don't handle them very well.

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030707

>And along those lines, do any MUAs do useful things with the various List-*
>fields, other than permitting one to sort on them?

Some do.  Mine at least handles List-Post pretty well.

Cheers,