[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Mailman CLI Project

Rajeev S rajeevs1992 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:25:11 CEST 2014

As discussed, I have completed the r54, that does the following

1. The arguments will be specified as positional arguments
wherever necessary and possible. The ideal way to use
positional arguments here is "if the argument to the command
is the name of an instance the scope, use positional args else use
optional args"

E.g,
To filter mailing lists based on domains, do

  mmclient show list --domain domain.org

and not

   mmclient show list domain.org

To create a list, do

   mmclient create list list at domain.org

instead of

   mmclient create list --list list --domain domain.org

2. Added a no-header option to the detailed listing so
that it becomes easier to pip the output.

I will be making the following changes for r55

Quite a straightforward one.

   delete list list at domain.org
   delete domain domain.org

2. Begin the third `scope` user and add methods like create,
delete and list.

   create user foo at bar.com --password PASS --name NAME
   list user [--verbose] [--no-header]

The user class would be built and managed in the same way
as other classes.

r55 would be an easy one. Once the above changes are approved,
r55 can be completed in a day.