[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Mailman CLI Project

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon May 12 17:35:47 CEST 2014

On May 11, 2014, at 10:37 PM, Rajeev S wrote:

>I doubt the usability of a common option `name`. As per the above snippet,
>you have used a `in-domain` to specify the domain name. There are many such
>instances where you would have to use more than one `name`, for instance
>adding moderators for a list. In such cases, options like `domainname`,
>`listname` and `username` would be more intuitive than using options like
>`in-domain`.

You'll want to take a cue from the `mailman create` command, and as a general
rule, I think the shell-cli should be as similar as possible to the rest-cli.
I'm open to modifying the former in order to better align them, as long as we
have a consistent view of commands and options across both tools.  Let's not
go down the accretion-without-design path of git. :)