[Mailman-Developers] Fixing DMARC problems with .invalid munge

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue May 6 05:41:12 CEST 2014

>    We have repeatedly attempted to reach your email address, but our
>    mail has been rejected due to your ISP's DMARC configuration.
>    Thus we have used the .invalid convention to work around this
>    problem for this important message.

They already do about a million similar things.  Among the various
attacks that DMARC does not address are these:

 From: Paypal Security <boris at rbn.ru>
 From: Paypal Security <security at paypaI.com>

(Keep in mind that many MUAs, probably a majority, don't show the
address at all, only the comment.)

I wouldn't waste time worrying about whether various hacks might make
it 0.0001% easier to phish people.

R's,
John