[Mailman-Developers] Fixing DMARC problems with .invalid munge

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 4 16:45:52 CEST 2014

On 05/04/2014 06:26 AM, John Levine wrote:
> I realize I'm a bit late to this party, but this is a technique that I
> don't think has been addressed here.  On my lists I've fixed the DMARC
> bounces by rewriting From: lines of DMARC'ed domains like this on the
> way out:
>
>   From: Marissa <mmeyer at yahoo.com>

>   From: Marissa <mmeyer at yahoo.com.invalid>

It's been mentioned on mailman-users.

See the post at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2014-May/076761.html>
and the two following replies. It came too late for 2.1.18, but we would
be interested in your experience for a follow-up release.

Our concerns are the possibility of mail being rejected by recipient
MTAs because of the invalid From: address and user complaints about
difficulty in replying to the poster.