[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Mailman CLI Project

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat May 3 19:21:32 CEST 2014

On May 03, 2014, at 09:59 AM, Tom Browder wrote:

>Using the latest cli commands as shown in Rajeev's
>/src/mailmanclient/cli/docs/using.txt would be for the "default" list
>style:
>
>  test_one = example.create_list('test-one')
>
>Then, for other styles, we could use something like (pardon my pseudo code):
>
>  test_one = example.create_list('test-one', style='read-only')
>
>Looking briefly at the cli code I see nothing about the list
>attributes Barry mentioned in last year's thread referenced above, so
>I'm not sure how this would all fit together, but I think it needs to
>be considered.

Using MM3's internal API:

from mailman.app.lifecycle import create_list
mylist = create_list('test at example.com', style='legacy-announce')

Using the REST API

http://pythonhosted.org//mailman/src/mailman/rest/docs/lists.html#apply-a-style-at-list-creation-time

The CLI (i.e. `mailman create` command) does not yet accept a --style
argument, but that would be pretty trivial to add.

Note that currently only the legacy-default and legacy-announce styles are
defined by default.

Cheers,