[Mailman-Developers] Testing MM3

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 28 06:04:44 CET 2014

Kẏra writes:

 > I keep hearing about the need for migration scripts, but all
 > indicates that these do not exist yet (via blocking bug for the
 > next MM3 beta). Is that true?

Yup.  It's not hard, if you have the skills necessary to setup a
current Mailman 3 beta installation, you almost certainly have the
skills to migrate Mailman 2 lists to a Mailman 3 installation (perhaps
with consultation here!)

Obviously, we can't require even that level of skill in a public
release, so the scripts are a blocker.  But such scripts are a
non-trivial exercise even when what they implement is "easy": they
need documentation, tests, and intelligible error and warning
messages.

 > Is there a way to keep tabs on the progress towards the beta 4
 > release?  looking at launchpad, it looks like development and beta
 > releases were steady up to the last beta. Is there a reason for
 > that?

I'm not sure what you're asking.