[Mailman-Developers] Moderation rules priority

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:10:55 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> For me, the big win for spam prevention with mailing lists is the restriction on posters: it's what keeps mailing lists relatively spam free. Most sites don't like to bounce messages that they've previously accepted, so that means that the spam gets held for moderation, which creates a lot of work for list owners. If list bound mail can be rejected by the MTA at SMTP time, that would save a lot of work for list owners.

Sorry, haven't been following along...

I discussed this several months back on the main list.
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2013-August/075523.html

Basically I hacked a copy of find_member into scripts/check_subscriber:
   (http://paste.debian.net/hidden/c36ff81c/ )

check_subscriber is called by multiple postfix tcp_tables  (one per
list post addr in master.cf), such that incoming emails are checked
against the membership list, and smtp rejected if not subscribed.
Let me know if you want more details.

-Jim P.