[Mailman-Developers] Virtual Mailman hackathon this weekend: Mailman Suite package!

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 22:11:42 CET 2014

Hi all,

On Friday 14 March 2014 02:25 AM, Terri Oda wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Something we've done periodically is try to get everyone on IRC over the
> weekend, all working on Mailman at the same time.  It's great time for
> people to show and get patches reviewed, chat, and get work done
> together.  Everyone is invited!
>
> This weekend's hackathon, my plan is to try and get a Mailman suite
> package working.  The final goal is to have it so that "pip install
> mailman-suite" will give you a full mailman suite install.  The plan is
> to create the "one package to rule them all" version of Mailman Suite,
> with Mailman Core, Postorius, and Hyperkitty packaged together,
> preferably with Postorius and Hyperkitty sharing a django instance.
>
> I know basically nothing about python packaging, so help from people who
> do would be much appreciated (Barry?).  Even the newest student is just
> as able to read docs and suggest things as I am on this particular
> project. :)
>
> I'm planning to be on #mailman on freenode around 10am PDT until 5pm PDT
> on Saturday the 15th, with possibly some more hours on Sunday depending
> on how things go and what else I have to get done.    I may not manage
> to be actually at my computer every moment of that time since a friend
> is doing some filming at my house that day, but I'll try.
>

> Here's a short line of schedule in UTC.  Everyone else, feel free to add
> your own planned hours here so we know when we overlap, or just drop by
> on the day if you're not sure of your schedule in advance.
>
> Terri : Sat 1700UTC - Sun 0100UTC : Mailman Suite packaging
  Abhilash(maxking) : Sat 0530UTC - 1430UTC : Finish off the last bits
of OpenPGP integration to mailman

Also anyone can use this website[1] to check for overlapping timings for
people across globe with different timezones(guess it allows for max 12
zones at a time).

[1]: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html