[Mailman-Developers] Gsoc idea discussions : Continuous integration tool

varun sharma varunsharmalive at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:38:59 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>wrote:

> OK.  Why is this a CLI (command line interface)?  Does it need to be
> controlled by hand?  Isn't this going to be some sort of daemon
> triggered by commits to the trunk (or other "watched" branch)?  Below
> you write "python module" -- if that's what you mean, it's a better
> way to express it.

Yes, i meant the executing the python module using command line interface.
:)

> Also, as I understand it, usually "continuous integration" does not
> refer to "integration of components with each other", but instead it
> means "integration of new code into the public repository".  Ie,
> although testing is part of it, it's really a workflow manager, not a
> test framework.

Actually my idea is to import all the unit tests from the projects involved
in the suite and write new tests as well if required, so that we can check
both "integration of new code" and "integration of components with each
other". Selectively combining unit tests of different projects will do the
job of workflow manager ?

> Do you have a blog?
>
> Yes, i do :) (http://www.sharmalabs.com).Right now i don't post actively
on it  but I'll be posting weekly gsoc summaries there if i got selected.
:)