[Mailman-Developers] Wiki edits for GSoC 2014

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 4 10:18:23 CET 2014

hi guys,

I just added a link from "Sprints" to the GSoC 2014 page.

I have found it frustrating to see queries from interested students
about projects where I have no clue who the appropriate mentor might
be, and haven't seen any responses on-list.  So ...

I took the liberty of adding a "Potential Mentors" line to each
project description, and adding myself to several of them.  The rest
currently say to post here.  I also noticed that the Handheld App
didn't have a Task Level, so I added it (as "unspecified").

I'm sure the currently signed-up mentors know what to do :-), but if
you're considering being a mentor for any of those projects, please do
add your name to the project on the wiki.  At the very least your
input will be very valuable in finding an alternative.

If you're pretty sure you are willing and have time to mentor, do go
through the GSoC Melange process too.  The more mentors we have signed
up, the better we look to the PSF (although they've been quite
generous to us in the past, every little bit helps -- intern slots are
scarce!)

Let's make this the best Mailman GSoC yet!

Steve