[Mailman-Developers] SUBMIT and OpenID, was Two more DMARC mitigations

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jun 18 10:37:17 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > I have no idea exactly what fraction of Mailman lists are configured
 > with personalized footers, but I suspect it's significant.

@John: Sorry, I definitely was assuming personalization; I should have
said so.

I think personalization is quite a desirable feature in some contexts.
All of my educational lists have personalized footers (subscribers min
5, max 20, mean 7 -- tiny, or "nano" if you prefer).  I would guess
lists with "naive" users are more likely to want to personalize.

OTOH, XEmacs lists are ancient, they don't personalize.  Emacs-devel
(probably by Savannah policy) doesn't have them at all.  python-dev
and python-ideas *do* have personalized footers (maybe somebody here
knows how many subscribers?)  Sourceforge's weekly ping doesn't have a
footer, the monthly news letter does.  (Of course those SF lists aren't
discussion lists, but it's indicative of expectations among developers
-- we probably don't need them.  It also shows that lists with many
thousands of users sometimes use personalized footers, at least if
they're low-traffic.)