[Mailman-Developers] Add moderators from the command line

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 09:05:40 CEST 2014

Cheers Rajeev!

On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:44 AM, Rajeev S <rajeevs1992 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM, ML mail <mlnospam at yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:

Yes, I guess something like a "-m" option would be good to specify that the e-mails being added with the "-a" option are moderators. Right now I have switched to using the REST API as it has all features I need, great work btw!

>On Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:20 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
>

>On Jul 24, 2014, at 02:03 PM, 'ML mail' via barry wrote:
>

>>In Mailman3 it would be nice to be able to add moderators to a mailing list
>>from the command line using the mailman command. Currently I can only see the
>>possibility to add new members to a mailing list, or did I miss something
>>here?
>
>You're not missing anything.  The CLI for adding members isn't fantastic - you
>have to provide a file with one member per line.  The way to extend this would
>be to be able to specify the members' role when adding them.  I haven't
>thought of an elegant way to do this via the CLI, especially when multiple
>members can be added.  Once a good interface is designed, it would be pretty
>easy to write the code to do it.

The CLI I built as part of GSoC 2014 supports the above features

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~rajeevs1992/mailman.client/mailmancli

It is based on the REST API.

To Add moderators you can do

./mmclient add-moderator list list at domain.org --user a at b.com b at c.com ...