[Mailman-Developers] Installation of mailman on local machine

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 04:22:26 CET 2014

Hi Tejas,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Tejas Shah <tejas.urwelcome at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>     I've been trying to setup mailman on my local machine for contribution
> .. I'm currently using instructions in the link below for setup:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/view/head:/src/mailman/docs/START.rst
>
> Till now, i've configured my bzr and launchpad settings.. branched a
> mailman repository using "bzr branch lp:mailman"
> I've setup python virtualenv and activated it. Then i ran "$ python
> setup.py develop"
> Till this, no errors occurred and everything was built successfully.
>
> However, starting the mailman server using "mailman start", when i try to
> test using "nose2 -v" , it gives me o/p:
>
> Ran 593 tests in 43.713s
> FAILED (failures=11, errors=72)
>
> I guess most of them are for HTTP Sockets.. I tried opening localhost:8001
> and its giving "405 Method Not Allowed" error on the page
>
> This address is for the mailman REST API to be used by the Postorius(and
so you cannot open it in a web browser),
the web interface for mm3. You can install it same way you did by cloning
source[1] from launchpad and running
`python setup.py develop`. You will also need postorius-standalone[2] to
start the web interface. Both postorius and
postorius-standalone are django apps.

> Please suggest appropriate headers to solve this.
>

> Tejas Shah
> IRC nick: jash4

[1]: https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/postorius/trunk
[2]: