[Mailman-Developers] MM3 Test "" Hangs

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 26 23:39:00 CET 2014

Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

> Tom, if you're up for debugging it, that would be great.  If not, no worries.
> The test suite hangs for me, so I'll find some time this weekend to take a
> look.

I am trying to get a bit caught up with MM 3, so I am trying to follow
the instructions in src/mailman/docs/START.rst (I'm using the head of
the lp:mailman branch).

I set up a virtualenv in /var/py27 on Ubuntu 13.10 with Python 2.7.5+
and activated it and ran

python setup.py develop

in my branch directory. My first issue was I had zope.interface-4.0.5 in
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/, and instead of ignoring that and
installing zope.interface-4.1.0 in
/var/py27/lib/python2.7/site-packages/, setup just complained that
zope.interface wasn't new enough.

I moved zope.interface-4.0.5 aside and reran setup and it was happy this
time.

I then ran

nose2 -v &> test.log

which encountered one error before hanging apparently with a locked
sqlite3 database. My test.log is attached. It is somewhat different from
Tom's in that it hung on a different test, and the actual sequence of
tests is different, and I encountered an error in a test.

I then tried to run

python setup.py build_sphinx

to build the docs, and this gives

error: invalid command 'build_sphinx'