[Mailman-Developers] Python 3

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Dec 28 15:23:36 CET 2014

On 12/26/2014 4:25 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2014, at 08:48 PM, Geoff Shang wrote:
>> FWIW, Debian Jessy (aka Testing/Frozen?) has Python 3.4.2.

> Yep, Jessie will have 3.4, and Ubuntu has had it since Trusty Tahr (14.04
> LTS).  I don't know about other distros.

First, Jessie is not even released yet, wheezy is the current stable,
and still has a long lifecycle remaining.

Second, I (for one, but there are many other debian admins maintaining
servers who feel the same) will not be upgrading my wheezy install to
jessie due to the ongoing systemd debacle.

Locking them out would be a mistake, imo.