[Mailman-Developers] Proposed incompatible changes to the REST API

Florian Fuchs flo.fuchs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:52:26 CEST 2014

address: anne at example.com
> delivery_mode: regular display_name: Anne Person http_etag: "..."
> language: en password: password request_id: 1 type: subscription
> when: 2005-08-01T07:49:23
>
> I want to change the 'address' key to 'email' and remove the
> 'password' key, e.g.:

[...]

> I'd like to just get rid of these and break compatibility, but if
> it would cause pain to Postorius or other tools, I can deprecate
> the old names and remove them in the future.
>
> Let me know what you think.

We're still in beta, so I think breaking backwards compatibility is
justifiable (we should probably coordinate the release of the affected
packages though).

If we want to make our lives a little easier we could keep the
"address" and "password" properties as proxy attributes in
mailman.client to minimize the risk of things breaking. At least for a
while.

In the future (once we're out of beta) we could mabye just bump up the
API version number in cases like that. BTW: Should the API version nr
always correspond with the core's version number? Like core version
3.0.12 => "http://localhost:8001/3.0"?

Florian