[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2014 : Proposal for the Mailman CLI project

Rajeev S rajeevs1992 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:44:30 CEST 2014

Hi Stephen,

The CLI project would be a sub module for the mailman.client project.

Since bzr does not have the submodule feature, I must be doing it either by
using a new repository or as a new branch to mailman.client .The latter
would be better as it would be easier to integrate the code into the
mailman.client project when this project is completed.

Now about the implementation part.As described in the project timeline, the
first phase would be to build the command tools. I would be building two
classes List and Domain, and identify the various methods that are to be
given to them. Many of the methods are identified in my GSoC proposal. The
command parsing would be handled by the python Optparse library.

I would like to start building the Version 0, but not to throw away, but
will be refining it further as per the feedback. If all this is OK I would
start building the version and push it to the mailman.client project.

And forget about the git vs bzr part. I am OK with using bzr :).

*Regards,Rajeev S*
*Government Engineering College,Thrissur*
*http://rajeevs.tk <http://rajeevs.tk>*