[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Best solution to fix the yahoo problem?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:51:20 CEST 2014

..... continued from the mailman-users list...

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>>Given that the whole site is at risk, should it be an option for list
>>owners at all?
>
> This is a good point.  It may make sense for the site admin to select whether
> some general DMARC mitigation approach is enabled for their lists or not, and
> then allow the list admins to select the approach that is least unpalatable
> for their users.

Thinking on the above wrt the dmarc-reject patch I submitted...  It
seems to me that a site-wide decision can either be to allow per-list
dmarc policy config, or not.  Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see a need
for a site owner to define a partial site policy (i.e. allow a list to
Accept but not Discard, etc) for email from domains with a published
dmarc p=reject policy.  The site admin either lets the list admin(s)
decide Accept/Hold/Reject/Discard or the site admin decides for them.
If this is the case, when a site admin defines a side-wide dmarc
policy, what should happen to the Privacy Options -> Sender Filters ->
dmarc_moderation_* options (textbox + radio buttons)?  Should they
disappear from the GUI or greyout?

Thanks,

-Jim P>