[Mailman-Developers] Migration script from MM2 to MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat Sep 21 17:48:10 CEST 2013

On Sep 20, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

>What do you think? Bad timing? Any existing work I'm missing?

I think it's a *great* idea.

No, perfect timing.

Not that I know of! :)

What we've said in the past is that we weren't going to promise conversion
scripts from 2.1 to 3.0, partly because that work was incomplete, but also
because we wanted to caution users not to just blindly upgrade as soon as 3.0
is released.  But I think having a reliable, well-tested, non-destructive
option to upgrade would be wonderful, especially because I fully hope that a
site could run 2.1 and 3.0 together for a while.

Any help you need, let me know.

(I've been ridiculously swamped at work these past few weeks.  Apologies for
being rather quiet lately.  I hope that'll improve in the next couple of
weeks.)

Cheers,